Public Interest Registry (PIR) is the operator of .ORG -- the third largest domain extension in the world, with over 10 million registered domain names. One of their biggest pain points was that their product was so widely used, but there was very little awareness or recognition of the company behind .ORG.
I was tasked with helping Public Interest Registry establish itself as a prominent, reputable component within the online ecosystem, and as a trusted leader in helping nonprofits and social good entities create an online presence to carry out their missions.
• Initiated the company’s social media presence in 2013 and increased its
following from zero to over 500,000 across its primary channels and
• Launched digital campaigns that were featured by major media outlets.
• Launched the company’s Brand Ambassador Program.
• Helped train over 45,000 people on the topic of online technology through a
co-branded webinar series with one of our brand ambassadors.
• Gave formal presentations and represented the company in international
markets (India, Australia, Kenya, and the UK) about the internet industry,
domain names, and brand marketing strategy.
Please note that Public Interest Registry has updated their branding since I worked for them, but they are still the operator of the .ORG, .NGO, and .ONG domains. They have also created a new annual award event called the .ORG Impact Awards, where they highlight notable organizations doing amazing work. In addition to working with "for purpose" organizations, PIR continues to serve an active participant in domain industry and publishes an annual report highlighting key facts about their organization and domain statistics.